Oklahoma City Criminal Defense Attorney
Take the First Step Towards Protecting Your Rights
Being accused of a crime is serious, and you will need an aggressive advocate to help protect your rights. Fortunately, you are in the right place. Jarman Law Office is led by Attorney Jeramy Jarman, who spend years as a police officer and jailor before entering the legal field in 2004. With this unique insight and over 15 years of legal experience, Attorney Jarman will pursue the most favorable outcome in your case.
Call us at (405) 221-9696 today to discuss your rights and legal options.
What To Do If You’ve Been Accused of a Crime
First of all, do not say anything without your attorney present. Police officers are not joking when they say, “anything you say can and will be used against you,” but they do not have to read you your “Miranda rights” until you’ve been arrested. Exercise your right to remain silent the moment police show up asking questions.
Remember not to panic and to be polite. Resist the urge to discuss your matter with anyone except an attorney. As soon as you are able, contact one.
Our Oklahoma City criminal defense lawyer is available 24/7 – call our team the moment you realize you may be in trouble.
Cases We Handle
Jarman Law Office has plenty of experience handling misdemeanor charges. We have had great success in the following types of claims:
- DUI – Driving with a BAC of .08% or above is illegal in all states, including Oklahoma. If you’ve been charged with a DUI, we can help.
- Domestic abuse – Disagreements within the home can spiral out of control, but you still have a right to tell your side of the story. Our firm can help ensure your voice is heard.
- Assault and battery – Physical altercations happen every day, and accusations of assault and battery are often unwarranted. Our lawyer can help you clarify what happened.
- Driving under suspension – Driving on a suspended license is illegal, but there are exceptions for emergencies. We help ensure prosecutors understand exactly what happened.
- Possession of marijuana – Marijuana is legal for recreational use in many states, and medical marijuana is legal in Oklahoma. The laws are always changing, as well, and they are likely on your side.
If you’re facing any of the accusations or charges above, our team can help you avoid a conviction. We will pursue the most favorable results on your behalf, and if you’ve been falsely accused, we can even help you seek legal recourse via a defamation suit or another form of civil litigation.
What’s the Difference Between Accused, Charged, and Convicted
An accusation is an informal suggestion that you may have committed a crime. If you’ve been accused, the police may ask you questions – you may even be arrested without being charged. The sooner you can involve a lawyer the better – if an attorney is present before you are charged, you could avoid charges altogether.
Once the police feel like they have cause or evidence, the government will formally charge you with a crime. If you’ve been charged, you are still innocent because, in the United States, you are innocent until proven guilty. Individuals who have been charged with a crime should hire an attorney as soon as possible. Even those who cannot afford an attorney will usually have one appointed for them.
Charges are resolved by a plea or trial. If you enter a ‘guilty’ plea, you will be convicted of the crime you were charged with. If you enter a ‘not guilty’ plea, you will have the opportunity to defend yourself in court. Your attorney can help you express your innocence and look after your best interests. In many cases, we can help you avoid conviction. In others, we may be able to accept a plea bargain on your behalf before or even during your trial.
Why Trust Jarman Law Office
When you’ve been accused of or charged with a crime, you want someone who understands your situation and treats you with compassion. You also want someone who will fight aggressively for your rights. At Jarman Law Office, you get both – plus 24/7 availability and local counsel that truly cares for your wellbeing.